Strategy-driven planning across your business
To succeed in today’s rapidly changing environment, businesses need to secure the ability to react fast to new challenges. Reduced time to market and adaptation to change comes from organizational agility. You can achieve this by building tightly aligned organizations across functions and understanding their dynamics.
QPR’s strategy-driven approach to Enterprise Architecture has helped many global organizations link their strategy to operations – from business to IT. It also supports the optimization of your assets and organizational structure. A strategy-driven approach to Enterprise Architecture will take your transformation and operational development to a new level where your organization is set to deliver maximum value.
QPR offers the tools and best practice methodology to strategy-driven enterprise architecture:
- Save time and money with QPR’s expertise when ramping up transformation projects
- Break corporate strategy into manageable pieces that together contribute to achieving the overall agreed strategic direction and goals
- Drive costs and boost efficiency by analyzing architecture from multiple perspectives to achieve operational excellence and optimal alignment of an organization’s assets with strategy
- Make educated investment decisions by analyzing change impact on the organization as a whole – processes, information, and ICT
- Achieve strategic goals with a continuous improvement cycle and monitoring
Build the wire between strategy and operations
An organization’s strategic success depends on the ability to identify and develop the right types of capabilities in the right places. While capabilities provide the means to translate strategy into solutions and actionable tasks, business model analysis ensures that needed capabilities are developed and executed in the relevant business areas.
Capability-based transformation planning allows you to focus on strategic goals and foster performance development across traditional functional silos, leading to higher operational efficiency, lower operational cost, and optimized performance overall.
QPR offers the tools and best practice methodology for capability-based planning and business model analysis:
- Identify and focus on capabilities that are strategy-driven and necessary for innovation
- Crystallize business models and identify the necessary strategic capabilities linked with each
- Define operational requirements based on capabilities to guide strategic transformation initiatives
Your insight to strategy and business execution
When facing different challenges such as business environment changes or increasing ICT costs, organizations need insight to successfully execute strategies and develop business operations. QPR enterprise architecture based Operational Development Methodology (ODM) is a framework and a template for business and strategy driven development of all your operations. It delivers a practical development path from transformation requirement analysis to using architecture in change induced projects. QPR ODM gives you understandable, relevant and practical means to analyse and compare your options in change situations.
The methodology does not require any adaption of new philosophies or paradigms. Therefore it does not replace, but helps your current development function perform more efficiently. The methodology is aligned with industry standards such as TOGAF®, ArchiMate® and BPMN.
With QPR ODM you can:
- Ensure that your operations are in line with strategy
- Develop your operations in an agile way to better fit strategic requirements
- Respond faster and more efficiently to changes in operational and competitive environments
QPR ODM template requires QPR EnterpriseArchitect software as a platform. The model is delivered as an add-on implementation package including the ODM add-on template.
The Open Group methodology
TOGAF®, an Open Group Standard, is an enterprise architecture methodology and framework used by many of the world’s leading organizations to improve business efficiency.
With the QPR EnterpriseArchitect Template for TOGAF® you can ensure that your organization addresses business critical needs by using a common language for enterprise architecture development. QPR EnterpriseArchitect for TOGAF® also offers you standardized and open methods for your EA work. By using TOGAF® with QPR EnterpriseArchitect, you can experience the full benefit of an easy to learn single design and collaboration environment.
QPR EnterpriseArchitect offers an extensive framework level support for TOGAF® components:
- Architecture Development Method (ADM)
- ADM Guidelines and Techniques
- Architecture Content Framework
- Enterprise Continuum and Tools
- TOGAF® Reference Models
- Architecture Capability Framework
QPR is a member of The Open Group and the Open Group Architecture Forum.
QPR also offers the QPR Operational Development Methodology Template, which is based on extensive practical EA experience.